August 2020 — Present
Bank of New Zealand — Senior Developer
My day to day now revolves more around prototyping and writing React components. I work closely with designers to help build & maintain bnz’s design system documentation website (built with NextJs).
August 2018 — 2020
Bank of New Zealand — Digital Designer
Working within a design team of 12, I helped bridge the gap between design and development, primarily working within the design systems team.
- Design & Prototype for ‘Life Moments’ a series of online help articles delivered for the public facing bnz website.
- Re-design of the overview screens for both the iPhone & Android app store
- Implementation of Design-tokens to help share all design related variables (typography, colour, spacing) across web and mobile front-end teams.
May 2015 — August 2018
Vocus Communications — UI/UX Lead
Working within an Agile development environment as UI/UX lead for the main application development team at Vocus. The role established UI and component guidelines to ensure the clear direction & alignment of a consistent UI for both marketing and app teams. Worked closely with other dev-team leaders and stakeholders to bring a consistent vision for the applications delivered and used by the wider business.
- Design lead for Vocus One (Vocus’ premier customer portal)
- Guided other Front End developers and managed UI guidelines within the Application Development team.
- Designed & Implemented a web-based mobile experience, for managing fibre enclosures across the Vocus Network.
- Introduced the use of Interactive prototypes in presentations and storyboarding of ideas to aid in the UX decision making process.
September 2010 — April 2015
Creative Feijoa Ltd — Managing Director/Owner
Successfully ran my own business for 4 years across three different countries (UK, Japan & New Zealand). The staple of work was providing front end development for Graphic Design Agencies and other Freelancers.
- Worked with Cerego Japan to redesign Japanese & English landing pages for iKnow (Japanese/English spaced repetition learning app) increasing conversion rates.
- Built & Maintained a large number of user-friendly, content-managed websites using the Umbraco CMS.
- Produced work for high end fashion & travel clients.
September 2009 - September 2010
Bview/Geocast Ltd — Front-end Developer / Designer
Worked at bView - a London startup focused on creating a geo-centric platform for delivering discount vouchers. Was part of a small development team, responsible for all front-facing aspects of bView’s sites and applications. Worked on iPhone application “Local Sale Finder” I was responsible for Design and User Experience.
- Logo development for a new Voucher distribution network. Worked with company directors to answer a brief based on brand requirements.
- Became more focused on online booking forms across different mobile devices, and how to enrich small screen web experiences.
- HTML & all things CSS
- SVG animation
- Hugo.io (Static site generator)
- Umbraco (CMS)
- Design systems
- WebVR / A-Frame
- Native English speaker with Japanese JLPT-N3 Language proficiency
I am interested in music production and help run a small meetup group. I also play field Hockey.
Please contact me at email@example.com for references.